A programme is intended for the situation where there are to be several court sessions on a regular basis (over a certain time frame) to which members pay a significant up front fee to attend any or all of those sessions. Each session is unstructured (so far as MMM is concerned) and there is no expectation or mechanism for joiners to opt in or out of each session - they just turn up.
A typical case would be for a junior coaching programme over a term. The period of the event would be for the term during which there may be weekly coaching sessions - though not necessarily every week (perhaps missing out half term etc).
Due to the significant up-front cost, family heads can sign up both for themselves (if applicable) but also for their family members from My programmes.
Set up can be done with Next-gen before each programme (e.g. every term), and it is likely you will want to refine the setup afterwards and book out courts
Normally done by the club:
- Menu Option New Next-gen event
- Filter on club, sport and name "Programme"
- Click on relevant entry and complete the form which establishes the dates of the programme and fee
- You may want to check/change the programme eligibility features from Manage series
- Go to Manage events to:
- Move the event into Open stage as soon as you want to make it available for signup
- Book out all courts for the period under the Courts tab
- Once you wish to stop taking sign-ups move the event into In Play stage
- Once the programme has finished move the event into Completed stage
Note, as per 5 above, that the event does not manage it's own work flow and you are expected to move the event through this workflow as required.