Tournaments are almost always of the Knock-out form and start with a seeded draw. Often the tournament has a Plate draw where the losers of the first round are entered.
The initial setup can be achieved with Next-gen, but it is likely to require further refinement as a club normally has several draws to cater for all members and Next-gen does not offer the full spectrum of configuration. Typically, these draws differ in age and sex eligibility.
There is a Next-gen specifically for a handicap draw and this should be chosen if appropriate.
- Menu Option New Next-gen event
- Filter on club, sport and name "Knockout" or "Tournament" or "Handicap"
- Click on the relevant entry and complete the form presented and hit confirm
- Click on Manage Series to refine settings as necessary(via the series definition form - accessed from the Update tab). In particular check these panels:
- Identifying information
- General features
- Game/Set/Match configuration
- If you want to assign an organiser to the event, do so under the Organisers tab for the event under Manage Events
- If you need to prebook courts then do so under the Courts tab of Manage Events. If you need to do this when organising many draws as for a club championship event, then use Reservations under Manage clubs. Refer to this court scheduling article..
The preparation of the draws is performed by the organiser once the event has been moved into the "In preparation" stage (i.e. people having signed up when the event was in "Open" stage)