ManageMyMatch can fully automate the process of booking weekly courts, having members sign up to each week's events and, if desired, charging participants each week.
But you need to provide ManageMyMatch with all the relevant details up front so that it can get on with the job week-in and week-out. This mainly involves the Events Manager but since bookings are part of this the Bookings Manager should also be involved. In summary:
- A new Series has to be created to define the event
- A new Court Set has to be defined to identify the set of courts to be used each week
- The court set has to be joined to the series
The first task is an Events Manager task, instructions for which can be found in this article. You'll need to:
- specify the sport involved (e.g. squash)
- make sure that the "Draw type" is set to "None"
- "Event does not involve playing any matches" is checked
- "Automatically rollover single day event" is checked (this last one is the critical setting - it's what triggers ManageMyMatch to automatically create and book each weekly event
- Fill in the Entrance fee and Eligibility options panels as required.
The second task is a Bookings Manager task, instructions for which can be found in this article. Here you will want to identify the week-day, the times and the courts involved.
The third task is also a Bookings Manager task, instructions for which can be found in this article.
Job done. Now all you have to do is sit back and watch ManageMyMatch do it all for you.
To understand what actually happens for automatically controlled events refer to this article.