The bookings manager has a few options to determine what are the general rules and availability to members for court booking. These are set in the Booking rules tab Manage courts.
On this screen there is first the choice as to whether the club has booking capabilities at all. Assuming this is the case the Enable members to book court choice should be checked. Further settings can then be made as follows:
- Allow simultaneous bookings for individual court reservations - check if you allow members to book more than one court at the same time.
- Additional fee when booked with a visitor - This is a flat fee that will be charged to the member booking a court if they declare that they have invited one or more guests. The fee will apply for each guest invited.
- Default to 1 visitor when booking a court - Check if you wish the default selection to be one guest when a member books a court for themselves.
- Maximum days ahead to book a court - set how far ahead, in days, that you wish members to be able to book their courts.
- Maximum weeks ahead for match invitations - you can allow members to invite others for a match beyond the booking period, This is because invites do not have to involve a court booking and this gives extra flexibility to members to may wish declare their availability to play further ahead without the club having to commit to the court.
- Maximum number of open court bookings - Restricts the number of bookings a member may have without having a partner. There is no limit to how many bookings a member may have if a match has been agreed with another and set up as such. This restriction only applies to bookings that are made in anticipation of finding someone to play or solo bookings.
- Maximum number of additional courts that can be reserved for the same booking - typically used for tennis schedules as players can generally select a tine to play in, say, half hour slots but want to be on court for 2 hours. In this case a value of 3 would be set to allow members to book up to 4 consecutive half hour slots.
- Late cancellation charges - There are two settings for this: Hours passed with booking in place before cancellation charges could apply and Hours prior to booking at cancellation within which cancellation charges could apply. The diagram below clarifies what this all means.